Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Random Little Post

I'm sitting here in my dorm, listening to WitchesBrewHaHa (Episode 40, to be exact), and for some reason, I started thinking about Persephone, who is the closest thing I've ever had to a matron goddess. I wanted to share some thoughts about her with you all.

One of my favorite stories I've ever read about Persephone is when she found out Hades had an affair with a nymph, Minthe. When Persephone she found out about it, she found the Minthe by a river and essentially stomp her into the ground until she was nothing but an herb, mint. I remember first reading that story and being struck with amusement. All the other stories I'd ever read about Persephone had portrayed her as or insinuated as a weak female.

Anyway, short (random) post today. I may post more later, or even record some segments for the next episode of M&M (haha!).

Blessed Be,

VII

No comments:

Post a Comment