Friday, December 16, 2011

It lives!!!

Hey everyone!

    Yes, I have returned, though, no episode in hand. It is on the way. Promise. Really. Don't believe me? Well, can't say I blame you, but, sincerely, I am working on episode 5, that will come out around Yule.

    Yesterday, Fire Lyte from Inciting A Riot wrote an article about shaking off Mercury Retrograde but dancing today, Friday. I'm all about that, seeing as I love music and dancing (and I have a music episode coming up in 2012). I made my playlist, which is epic. (lol) It has the most random collection of danceable songs I've ever compiled. I'll even list a few of them at the end of this post for you all to go look up and listen to so you can shake off Mercury Retro with a little bit of VII-flavor. ^_^

   Also, I've started listening to A Witch's Primer, a podcast by Ariel that is essentially a beginner's class on witchcraft. I've gotten to episode 3, and while there are things that don't necessarily mesh with my beliefs, Ariel's exercises are very helpful. I especially like the guided grounding and centering exercise. I recommend going to iTunes and checking it out.

    With all of that said, this morning did not start off well for me. I woke up late feeling groggy and I was late to work. I listened to a couple of podcasts once I got to work, I listened to a couple of pagan podcasts. I should probably state that I work in an office. A few calls came in, and before long, I was feeling anxious, like all my nerves were set on vibrate. I swapped the soda I was drinking for water, but it wasn't helping much. So, I decided to try grounding.

   It was awesome. Not only was I no longer feeling anxious, but I felt energized, for lack of a better word. I was happy, excited, and eager to do stuff. I made my playlist, put in on shuffle, and proceeded to dance around the office.

   In other magickal VII news, I have found my magickal name and wrote pages of notes on what I believe and questions I have about my path. Quite a productive day, and it's just afternoon!

    Have a happy Friday, everyone!

Always,
VII


Sample of my playlist:
"Awake and Alive" by Skillet
"Black Irish" by The Devil Makes Three
"Bleed It Out" by Linkin Park
"Born For This" by Paramore
"Chop Suey!" by System Of A Down
"Circus" by Britney Spears
"Devil's Dance Floor" by Flogging Molly
"Explosive" by Bond
"Girl Anachronism" by The Dresden Dolls
"Higher Ground" by Red Hot Chili Peppers (mostly b/c it reminds me of Center Stage)
"Jenny Says (Live)" by Cowboy Mouth
"Little Black Backpack" by Stroke 9
"Look Them Act" by Balkan Beat Box
"Mercy" by Duffy
"Ojos Asi" by Shakira
"Popular" by The Veronicas
"Riot" by Three Days Grace (I think of Fire Lyte and Inciting A Riot everytime I hear it!)
"Seven Nation Army" by The White Stripes
"Stickshifts and Safetybelts" by Cake
"This Could Be Anywhere In The World" by Alexisonfire
"Up, Up, Up" by Givers
"Waking The Demon" by Bullet For My Valentine

Okay, so it's about half my list, but it's all good music (to me). Check 'em out for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment